About Visit Baltimore
Mission Statement: Visit Baltimore generates economic benefits for Baltimore City through the attraction of convention, group and leisure visitors, and works to provide a positive experience for all guests.
Visit Baltimore is the official destination development and marketing organization for the Greater Baltimore region. Established in 1982, we are a 501(c)(6) not-for-profit corporation.
Visit Baltimore serves as the liaison between customers and stakeholders. Customers include meeting planners, tour operators, individual tourists and media. Stakeholders include government, citizens and member organizations. Member organizations represented include lodging, dining, arts, attractions, shopping, transportation, associations and government agencies.
Visit Baltimore helps generate economic benefits to the Greater Baltimore region through the power of collaboration and partnership.
Visit Baltimore inspires people to visit our great destination to experience the products and services offered by our stakeholders.
Visit Baltimore provides stakeholders with the necessary tools and information to make their products and services competitive in the marketplace.
Our vision is for all stakeholders and citizens of Greater Baltimore to support the local tourism industry because they understand how the economic benefits generated - jobs and taxes - improve their quality of life.
Visit Baltimore Executive Staff:
Directors of the 2012-2013 Baltimore Convention & Tourism Board:
Delegate Curt Anderson
Councilman William H.
Mary Ann Cricchio
Skipp Sanders, Ed.D.
Chuck G. Tildon, III
Plan your trip!
- The War Came By Train: American Civil War 150th Anniversary April 30, 2011 - December 31, 2015 | All Day
- All Aboard for Train Ride Season at the B&O! June 18, 2013 - December 31, 2013 | All Day
- Civil War Trains Exhibit August 16, 2012 - December 31, 2015 | All Day
- Book Bindings from the Gilded Age October 27, 2013 - January 19, 2014 | 10:00am - 5:00pm
- In Full Glory Reflected: Maryland during the War of 1812 June 10, 2012 - December 31, 2014 | All Day