The Baltimore Scene: Hot, Local, Live Music
How do you get in on the musical hotbed that Rolling Stone Magazine called Best Scene in the country? Visit Baltimore. Touted for its original and eclectic sounds and personalities, Baltimore’s rock-n-roll scene is thriving. And, not only is rock-n-roll here to stay, local hip hop and electronic artists are gaining national attention and being signed to major labels.
Any night of the week, live music venues in Federal Hill, the Westside, Fell’s Point, downtown and Hampden are beating with fresh, new talent. Don’t be the last to hear all about it. Come check it out for yourself!
Do your tastes tend toward smoother sounds? Baltimore has the historical pedigree and modern scene to guarantee jazz lovers a unique musical journey. Legendary jazz artists Cab Calloway, Chick Webb and Billie Holiday all hail from these parts and their impact can still be felt today. Explore their historic footprints through the Westside and Fell’s Point and visit the wealth of musical and cultural heritage at The Eubie Blake National Museum and Cultural Center before finding yourself settled into a local club to check out some local talent. Keep your eye on the Reginald F. Lewis Museum of Maryland African American History & Heritage in the Inner Harbor for special performance schedules as well.
The Baltimore Jazz Alliance sponsors a public calendar of most live jazz events in Baltimore. The calendar can be accessed from their website at baltimorejazz.com.
Plan your trip!
- The Original Fell’s Point GhostWalk March 1, 2014 - November 29, 2014 | 7:00pm - 9:00pm
- Fell’s Point Haunted PubWalk March 1, 2014 - November 29, 2014 | 7:00pm - 9:00pm
- CAA Men's Basketball Championship March 7, 2014 - March 10, 2014 | 7:00pm - 9:00pm
- In Full Glory Reflected: Maryland during the War of 1812 June 10, 2012 - December 31, 2014 | All Day
- A Very Visionary Star-Spangled Sidewalk July 1, 2013 - September 1, 2014 | All Day