Just east of Fell’s Point lies Canton, a charming blue-collar neighborhood settled in the late 19th- century by Polish immigrants flocking to work at the local canneries. What were once factories are now condominiums, artists’ studios, offices, restaurants and stores. A quaint and lively village square rimmed with eclectic restaurants, pubs and shops along O’Donnell Street is the heart of this waterfront neighborhood, but wander off Canton Square to the surrounding blocks and find the heart of Baltimore, from the nearly-lost Baltimore art form of the painted screen to window shrines and rows of classic marble stoops on block after block of traditional Baltimore brick and formstone row houses. Canton is also buffered by the lush urban green space of Patterson Park, once the country’s largest urban park, and the expansive Canton Waterfront Park.
Plan your trip!
- On Paper: Works from the Cohen Collection February 13, 2013 - August 25, 2013 | All Day
- Clybourne Park April 10, 2013 - June 16, 2013 | All Day
- Global Poster Festival April 27, 2013 - June 15, 2013 | All Day
- Key Bridge Cruise April 19, 2013 - October 19, 2013 | 5:00pm - 6:30pm
- Physical Comedy Class May 18, 2013 - June 22, 2013 | 1:00pm - 3:00pm