In 1788, 4,000 patriots, celebrating Maryland's ratification of the U.S. Constitution, climbed to the top of the hill for a picnic and fireworks. This Spirit lives on and today you can enjoy everything from sushi to locally brewed beers to fine dining in this popular neighborhood.
Federal Hill boasts a variety of antiques and specialty shops, as well as a wealth of pubs and restaurants, many in walking distance of Baltimore's stellar pro sports stadiums.
While in the area, don't miss the neighboring American Visionary Art Museum, the world's foremost gallery celebrating "outsider" or untrained artist, and the Baltimore Museum of Industry,dedicated to preserving Baltimore's contributions to America's Industrial Revolution. Come for the view, stay for ... well ... everything!
The National Trust Main Streets Center recently named Federal Hill Main Street one of the five Great American Main Streets.
Plan your trip!
- Family Fun Night - 2nd Thursday of each Month! January 10, 2013 - December 12, 2013 | 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- The War Came By Train: American Civil War 150th Anniversary April 30, 2011 - December 31, 2015 | All Day
- In Full Glory Reflected: Maryland during the War of 1812 June 10, 2012 - December 31, 2014 | All Day
- Summer Social Series May 10, 2013 - August 23, 2013 | 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- City Lights Cruise April 20, 2013 - August 31, 2013 | 8:30pm - 9:30pm