In 1788, 4,000 patriots, celebrating Maryland's ratification of the U.S. Constitution, climbed to the top of the hill for a picnic and fireworks. This Spirit lives on and today you can enjoy everything from sushi to locally brewed beers to fine dining in this popular neighborhood.
Federal Hill boasts a variety of antiques and specialty shops, as well as a wealth of pubs and restaurants, many in walking distance of Baltimore's stellar pro sports stadiums.
While in the area, don't miss the neighboring American Visionary Art Museum, the world's foremost gallery celebrating "outsider" or untrained artist, and the Baltimore Museum of Industry,dedicated to preserving Baltimore's contributions to America's Industrial Revolution. Come for the view, stay for ... well ... everything!
The National Trust Main Streets Center recently named Federal Hill Main Street one of the five Great American Main Streets.
Plan your trip!
- Woman of Two Worlds: Elizabeth Patterson Bonaparte and Her Quest for an Imperial Legacy June 9, 2013 - June 9, 2014 | All Day
- Fell’s Point Haunted PubWalk March 1, 2014 - November 29, 2014 | 7:00pm - 9:00pm
- The Original Fell’s Point GhostWalk March 1, 2014 - November 29, 2014 | 7:00pm - 9:00pm
- Target America: Opening Eyes to the Damage Drugs Cause February 11, 2014 - September 1, 2014 | 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Divided Voices: Maryland in the Civil War April 16, 2011 - December 31, 2015 | All Day