No neighborhood says “Bawlmer” quite like north Baltimore’s Hampden, a 19th- century blue-collar mill town that has evolved into the epicenter of hipster Baltimore kitsch.
Baltimore's Hampden: Memorialized In The Movies of John Waters
Made famous for its starring roll in John Waters’ films and long known as the place where everybody calls you ‘hon,’ Hampden centers on 36th Street – known to locals simply as the Avenue. You’ll find truly original shops and an eccentric array of cafes mingling with the barber shops and pharmacies that keep this authentic, hard working neighborhood real.
Honfest In Hampden
Honfest is the annual spring street festival dedicated to the beehive, cat’s-eye glasses and all things “hon.”
Plan your trip!
- Passages through the Fire: Jews and the Civil War October 13, 2013 - February 28, 2014 | 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Human, Soul & Machine: The Coming Singularity! October 5, 2013 - August 31, 2014 | All Day
- Civil War Trains Exhibit August 16, 2012 - December 31, 2015 | All Day
- All Aboard for Train Ride Season at the B&O! June 18, 2013 - December 31, 2013 | All Day
- Family Fun Night - 2nd Thursday of each Month! January 10, 2013 - December 12, 2013 | 4:00pm - 6:00pm