Available Positions at Visit Baltimore
Membership Assistant Internship
The Membership Assistant Internship is an unpaid position that provides the opportunity to receive valuable work experience across multiple disciplines while earning college credit. A successful Membership Assistant Intern will utilize their understanding of technology, social media, customer service, and marketing to support membership campaigns and promote Baltimore as a travel destination.
- Coordinate and assist with developing a strategic sales plan to sell memberships to a cross section of Baltimore business.
- Assist with retention of Visit Baltimore members through phone calls and written communication
- Assist with the planning and coordination of networking events for Visit Baltimore members
- Assist with the planning and coordination of education programs for Visit Baltimore members
- Assist in the development of all promotional strategies
- Interact with member hotels, restaurants, attractions, retail, etc.
- Provide administrative support to the membership team
- Must Currently be enrolled in college and eligible to receive internship credit
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent customer service and relationship building skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Must be available a minimum of 3 days during the work week from 9am-3pm
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please, no phone calls.
Volunteer Opportunities at the Baltimore Visitor Center
Visit Baltimore is seeking volunteers for the Baltimore Visitor Center located at the beautiful Inner Harbor! Volunteers promote Visit Baltimore members and the city of Baltimore to leisure travelers, conventioneers and groups, as well as area residents. Volunteers are the front-line ambassadors, and are often the first person that a visitor meets when coming to Baltimore. Volunteers promote the sale of tickets to area attractions, and work with paid staff to complete the sale. Volunteers use printed and computer and internet information in their role at the Visitor Center.
Perks, Benefits and Recognition:
- Have fun meeting other people from around the U.S. and the world!
- Build friendships with other volunteers
- Free parking is available at a designated location. Visit Baltimore reimburses for MTA transportation.
- Visit Baltimore recognizes volunteers at an event on an annual basis
- Volunteers are eligible for service rewards based upon performance and participation
- This position is open to all individuals who wish to assist in promoting Baltimore as a tourist destination. Volunteers who speak foreign languages would also be helpful.
- Volunteers are asked to commit to work at least 1 four-hour shift per week in the Visitor’s Center during peak season from April through September, or work at least 100 hours during the calendar year. Shifts typically begin at 8:45am, 10:45am and 1:45pm.
- Our greatest need is on weekends!!
If interested, please contact 410-659-7319 to receive an application.
Plan your trip!
- Family Fun Night - 2nd Thursday of each Month! January 10, 2013 - December 12, 2013 | 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- Human, Soul & Machine: The Coming Singularity! October 5, 2013 - August 31, 2014 | All Day
- Mummies Of The World: The Exhibition September 28, 2013 - January 20, 2014 | 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Matisse's Marguerite: Model Daughter September 18, 2013 - January 19, 2014 | All Day
- Breakfast with the Animals June 18, 2013 - December 31, 2013 | All Day