Baltimore. The only place to turn for late-breaking news. From 1814.
The Town Crier strides across the cobblestones in historic Fell’s Point to deliver the daily news from the Battle of Baltimore. He tells of the British invasion, the defense of Fort McHenry, and the victory that inspired Francis Scott Key to gaze across the harbor and pen the Star-Spangled Banner. In Baltimore, every bricklined street is paved with historic significance. You can stroll past the nation’s first Washington Monument, or take the Heritage Walk to visit the site of the Civil War’s first bloodshed and the Star-Spangled Banner Flag House. See more of what Baltimore has to offer.
Plan your trip!
- The Art of Storytelling: Lies, Enchantment, Humor & Truth October 6, 2012 - September 1, 2013 | All Day
- Black Box: Raqs Media Collective February 27, 2013 - June 16, 2013 | All Day
- National Anthem Tour by Sea April 29, 2013 - October 11, 2013 | 11:30am - 12:30pm
- “HERBERT HASELTINE: SCULPTOR OF THE MODERN AGE” March 5, 2013 - May 26, 2013 | 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Harriet Tubman Art Exhibition March 3, 2013 - June 23, 2013 | All Day