Baltimore loves motor coaches! In order to make your visit the best that it can be, please read these instructions for very easy, low-cost parking at our official Motor Coach Parking Facility.
Inner Harbor drop/off locations are currently in a green traffic alert status; please see the Inner Harbor Loading and Unloading Zones section below for clarification.
Baltimore's Official Motor Coach Parking Facility
It doesn't get easier than this! Your drivers can pull in to the Unloading/Loading lane at the Baltimore Visitor Center, drop off your passengers and drive less than 2 miles away to our Motorcoach Parking facility and enjoy the following:
- Driver Lounge with internet access, food vending, cable television and spotless bathroom.
- Driver Lounge is open from 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. Seven days a week from March 1 - December 1 annually (Parking facility is open in the off season; December 1 - March 1, 2014) by reservation only: call 410-385-5848.
- Lighted, locked and secure lot with 61 spaces for motorcoaches and school buses.
- Pump out and water replenishment services on site.
- In/out privileges for 24 hours and overnight parking.
- Complimentary admission to the B&O Railroad Museum for all drivers.
- Parking charges are $5 per hour, $25 for 12 hours and $35 for 24 hours. To find out more or to inquire about reservations, please call 410-385-5848.
Note: No cash accepted at facility; payment by credit and debit cards only.
Qualify for discounted $25 overnight parking by contacting Visit Baltimore first! We'll find the best rates at the most group-friendly hotels and email you the proposals for your review with no commitment whatsoever. Call 877-BALTIMORE and choose Option "4".
Inner Harbor Loading and Unloading Zones
All motorcoaches and buses are encouraged to use the Official Motor Coach Parking Facility as parked and/or idling vehicles will be ticketed. This includes overflow from Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine.
**There is no parking or idling on Fort Avenue or in any other part of the city unless you are loading or discharging passengers.
Area One (West)
Baltimore Visitor Center, 401 Light Street
10-minute loading and unloading is allowed in the bus staging lane of the parking lot at the Baltimore Visitor Center (enter lot at Light Street and Lee Street) on the Inner Harbor West Shore on the northbound side. For information on our Motorcoach Welcome Program contact our Tour and Travel Department at email@example.com
Area Two (North/East)
National Aquarium, 501 East Pratt Street
The National Aquarium bus turnaround area is sanctioned for loading and unloading only. Staging is prohibited.
Area Three (South)
Maryland Science Center, Key Highway/601 Light Street
Motorcoaches and buses may drop off in the bus lane off of Key Highway at the rear entrance of the Science Center. Please call the Maryland Science Center at 410-685-2370 for more information before arrival.
Parking & Idling Fines
Every city has them and Baltimore is no different. Please follow the parking and idling instructions above and you will have no worries in the City of Baltimore. We just wanted you to know what to expect if your motorcoach or school bus is illegally parked or found idling for longer than five minutes without passengers on board:
- Parking a commercial vehicle in a residential area (pretty much everywhere in Baltimore) has a fine rated at $502.
- Vehicles can incur a fine of $500 in Maryland after five minutes of idling with an unloaded bus.
Parking for an hour in our parking facility is only $5 and you'll have no worries! Parking a passenger car in Baltimore is actually more expensive. We built this fantastic facility to make your drivers comfortable and to let them and you know how much we appreciate your business.
For more information on parking fines, click here.
For more information on idling regulations, click here.