For Immediate Release
December 1, 2008
Baltimore Area Convention and Visitors Association
EVERYONE'S A KID IN BALTIMORE THIS HOLIDAY SEASON
Baltimore Promotion Highlights Holiday Events and Special Exhibitions that Bring Out the Kid in Everyone
BALTIMORE - December 1, 2008 - Visitors to Baltimore this holiday season might just feel like kids again. The Baltimore Area Convention and Visitors Association (BACVA) spreads holiday cheer with their latest promotion, "Everyone's a Kid in Baltimore this Holiday Season." Travelers can get into the holiday spirit with great hotel deals, holiday events, and exhibitions with fun kid-like themes for kids and for kids at heart.
• Barbie: 50 Fashionable Years: December 20 - May 31, 2009, Geppi's Entertainment Museum
• Holiday Festival of Trains: November 28 - December 30, B&O Railroad Museum
• Annual Parade of Lighted Boats: December 6, Fell's Point
• Moscow Ballet's Great Russian Nutcracker: December 7 - 29, Lyric Opera House
• Miracle on 34th Street: an amazing holiday light display in Hampden through December 31
• The Polar Express: through January 4, 2009, National Aquarium in Baltimore
• ...and much more!
Visitors can cash in on free offers at Baltimore area hotels including an overnight stay with perks ranging from an extra free night or free parking to chocolates and roses in your room! Discount offers at local gift shops and free holiday events are highlighted at www.baltimore.org. Holiday travelers to Baltimore can also save on gas with the new online tool "Deal Driver," which offsets the cost of driving to Baltimore by providing discounts equal to the cost of gas to get here. New to the "Deal Driver" program are discounted admissions to the National Aquarium in Baltimore, the Maryland Science Center and Geppi's Entertainment Museum.
In addition, visitors can take advantage of unique holiday shopping with special discount offers at several museums, galleries and attractions. Coupons are available to download at
For more information, please visit www.baltimore.org.
The Baltimore Area Convention and Visitors Association (BACVA) - the official sales and marketing organization for Baltimore that generates economic benefits for stakeholders through the attraction of convention, group and leisure visitors.
Plan your trip!
- CAA Men's Basketball Championship March 7, 2014 - March 10, 2014 | 7:00pm - 9:00pm
- The Original Fell’s Point GhostWalk March 1, 2014 - November 29, 2014 | 7:00pm - 9:00pm
- Target America: Opening Eyes to the Damage Drugs Cause February 11, 2014 - September 1, 2014 | 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Divided Voices: Maryland in the Civil War April 16, 2011 - December 31, 2015 | All Day
- A Very Visionary Star-Spangled Sidewalk July 1, 2013 - September 1, 2014 | All Day