Media Contacts Only:
M. Silver Associates Inc.
212-754-6500 ext. 246; Fax 212-754-6711
Baltimore Area Convention & Visitors Association
410-659-7301; Fax 410-727-2308
BALTIMORE'S WINTER GETAWAYS BREAK THE ICE AND NOT THE BANK
Dedicated New Web Site Provides Visitors with Hotel Packages and Discounts to Top Attractions and Popular Restaurants Around the Inner Harbor
(BALTIMORE) -The temperature is not the only cool thing in Baltimore this winter. The city’s attractions have teamed up to freeze prices with the Baltimore Winter Waterfront Pass, and hotel packages and restaurant discounts make easily accessible Baltimore the perfect place to warm up and experience all that the city has to offer. Everything you need to know to “get in on” the action this season is available at a special Winter Getaway web site, www.baltimore.org/winter2007. Visitors to the site who sign up to receive the newsletter will be entered for a chance to win a $500 American Express gift card.
The Baltimore Winter Waterfront Pass provides admission to four of the city’s most popular attractions, all perfect for a winter weekend of exploration, including access to the National Aquarium in Baltimore; Maryland Science Center; Port Discovery, the Children’s Museum in Baltimore and Top of the World Observation Deck. The Baltimore Winter Waterfront Pass is $39 for adults (25 percent savings off retail) and $29 for children (21 percent savings off retail) and is valid for 30 days from first use or until March 31, 2007.
After action packed days filled with touring the city, visitors can retreat to one of Baltimore’s cozy hotels that have teamed up with popular attractions to offer exceptional packages. Sample package prices are based on per person/per night and include:
- The Admiral Fell Inn’s “Ultimate Inner Harbor Package” which offers two nights accommodations, two harbor passes, two ESPN Zone game cards, a discount to Harborplace and two free breakfasts for $209 a night
- The “Discover Down Under Stay Downtown Package” at the Brookshire Suites Hotel including two adult VIP tickets to the Aquarium (including the Australia and Dolphin Show), a 10 percent discount at the Aquarium store, an Oceanopoly board game souvenir and a discount to Harborplace for $209 a night
- The Pier 5 Hotel’s “Romance on the Harbor Package” featuring a micro-brew sampler at Rams Head Live, mojitos at Babalu Grill, classic martinis at Blue Sea Grill, margaritas at the Admiral Fell Inn, Godiva chocolates and a Harborplace discount book for $209 a night
- Accommodations fit for a king at the Tremont Plaza Hotel with a premier one bedroom suite (either one king or one queen bed), snacks and drinks for four, an in-room movie and a 10 percent discount at Tug’s Bar& Grille for $165
A selection of Baltimore’s most popular restaurants are offering a series of buy one, get one free discounts. Participating restaurants include Café Promenade, California Tortilla Baltimore, Da Mimmo Finest Italian Cuisine, Gertrude’s at the Baltimore Museum of Art, Grill 700 at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront, Mehek Indian Restaurant, Phillips Harborplace, TRUE: a pure dining experience, and Red Fish.
For additional information on Baltimore’s Weekend Getaway’s please visit www.baltimore.org/winter2007 or call 877-BALTIMORE.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
The Baltimore Area Convention and Visitors Association (BACVA), a membership-based organization, is the official destination development and marketing leader for Greater Baltimore, responsible for generating incremental economic benefits to the community through the attraction of convention and leisure visits.
Plan your trip!
- Passages through the Fire: Jews and the Civil War October 13, 2013 - February 28, 2014 | 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Family Fun Night - 2nd Thursday of each Month! January 10, 2013 - December 12, 2013 | 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- A Very Visionary Star-Spangled Sidewalk July 1, 2013 - September 1, 2014 | All Day
- Miracle on 34th Street November 30, 2013 - January 1, 2014 | All Day
- Woman of Two Worlds: Elizabeth Patterson Bonaparte and Her Quest for an Imperial Legacy June 9, 2013 - June 9, 2014 | All Day