Visit Baltimore's Visiting Journalist Program (VJP)
Visit Baltimore is pleased to assist writers on assignment with in-person visits to Baltimore. Thanks for your interest in this dynamic destination!
To serve you better, we have developed the following set of guidelines as a way of ensuring that all journalists receive equal treatment and that each has as pleasant an experience as possible. The guidelines below are followed and applied on a case-by-case basis. We appreciate your willingness to abide by these guidelines. Your willingness to do so promotes a fun and successful Baltimore experience.
- All requests for reduced rate or complimentary travel must be submitted to Visit Baltimore at least three weeks before departure.
- Visit Baltimore requires that all interested writers submit a copy of recent stories, and/or links to pertinent related coverage. Please provide details about circulation, reach and audience where appropriate.
- Freelance writers must submit a copy of recent travel stories and an assignment letter (as appropriate) to Visit Baltimore for review.
- Visit Baltimore can only provide travel assistance to writers on assignment. There is no marketing or public relations budget allocated for "spec" stories, cooperative production company filming, start-up Web sites or independent writers. Any arrangements for guests must be handled individually by the writer.
- Baltimore is an easy drive from many East Coast destinations. Assistance with travel arrangements to Baltimore, if necessary, is provided on a case-by-case basis. We regret that Visit Baltimore is unable to provide airport transfers.
We are happy to assist with media rates or complimentary accommodations based on scope of planned Baltimore article(s) and availability of hotel rooms in the destination. Based on the length of stay, we may recommend visiting more than one hotel in order to experience the multiple offerings of our destination.
- Visit Baltimore will offer recommendations and can help with arrangements for meals during your visit.
- Visit Baltimore will provide VIP passes to visiting journalists, granting access to more than 30 attractions throughout the city.
- Visit Baltimore will provide destination escorts as needed, in-person interviews with key executives, high-resolution photography and fact checking.
- Media assistance cannot be provided on holidays, high occupancy periods and blackout dates.
- All articles should include reference to www.Baltimore.org and contact info as appropriate (hotels, museums, attractions).
- Please send us a copy of your story once it runs so we can share it with our more than 700 members.
Thank you for your interest in visiting Baltimore!
Plan your trip!
- Black Box: Rags Media Collective June 18, 2013 | 12:00am - 12:00am
- Milestones: African Americans in Comics, Pop Culture and Beyond February 1, 2013 - March 1, 2014 | All Day
- City Lights Cruise April 20, 2013 - August 31, 2013 | 8:30pm - 9:30pm
- National Anthem Tour by Sea April 29, 2013 - October 11, 2013 | 11:30am - 12:30pm
- Fell’s Point Haunted PubWalk March 2, 2013 - November 30, 2013 | 7:00pm - 9:00pm