Plan Your Meeting Two Feet Away from One of the World's Most Renowned Healthcare Communities.
A First-Class Destination Where You Can Expect the Unexpected
Dr. Ben Carson's Baltimore
See more Baltimore videos at VisitMyBaltimore.com.
Plan your meeting in Baltimore and you'll discover that surprises wait around every corner. There are incredible amenities, activities and attractions all just "two feet away" from Baltimore's Convention Center. With shopping venues and restaurants for every palate, meetings in Baltimore are easy to plan and even easier to enjoy.
We've recently added more than a half-billion dollars in new hotel construction and renovations. And Baltimore now has four 4-Diamond hotels within easy walking distance of the Inner Harbor — the heart of the Convention Community.
Baltimore has a wealth of exciting attractions, museums, historic sites, parks and sporting events. Here is what others are saying about Baltimore:
- Sherman's Travel – #1 Underrated City
- American Style Magazine – #9 Top Arts Destination
- Prevention Magazine – #10 Best Walking City
- Black Enterprise Magazine – #10 Favorite U.S. City for African-Americans
- Rolling Stone Magazine – #1 Best Scene
- SustainLane – #10 Top U.S. City Creating a More Green Environment
The Perfect Healthcare Meeting Location
Baltimore is home to some of the world's most respected medical institutions — the University of Maryland Medical Center and Johns Hopkins Medicine. Johns Hopkins is ranked the number-one hospital in the nation. Our medical schools continue to be leaders in healthcare education. And Baltimore's research facilities, including the University of Maryland BioPark, the Science + Technology Park at Johns Hopkins and UMBC's Incubator and Research Park, are leading the way into the future.
With more than 70,000 healthcare professionals in the region, you have easy access to top-notch guest speakers and attendees.
Here are just a few facts about Baltimore's thriving healthcare community:
- Ranked #1 Hospital, Johns Hopkins Hospital (1)
- Ranked #1 for Research and Development Funding (2)
- Ranked #2 for Best U.S. Medical School, Johns Hopkins University (1)
- Ranked #3 for Best Cancer Hospitals, Johns Hopkins Hospital (1)
- Ranked #3 for Number of Physicians per Capita (2)
- Ranked #3 for Number of Physicians per 100,000 People (3)
(1) U.S. News & World Report, (2) American Medical Association, (3) National Science Foundation
A Long History of Serving the Healthcare Market
With so many resources so close to the action, it's no wonder Baltimore has been a popular destination for conventions. We have extensive experience hosting healthcare meetings and conventions.
Here are just a few of our recent guests:
- American Animal Hospital Association
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- American Dental Education Association
- Association for Persons of Severe Handicaps (TASH)
- Association for Professionals in Infection Control & Epidemiology
- American Society of Echocardiology
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Association of Women's Health, Obstetrics and Neonatal Nurses
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- International Association for Dental Research
- National Student Nurses Association
- Pediatric Academic Societies
- Society of Toxicology
- Society for Vascular Surgery
Baltimore is pleased to welcome:
- Academy of General Dentistry (2009)
- American Association of Blood Banks (2010)
- American Association of Equine Practitioners (2010)
- American Association of Immunologists (2010)
- American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (2013)
- American Epilepsy Society (2011)
- American Physical Therapy Association (2009)
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (2012)
- American Society of Human Genetics (2015)
- American Society of Nuclear Cardiology (2012)
- Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (2009)
- National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners (2011)
- Society of Nuclear Medicine (2015)
- United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology (2013)
- World Stem Cell Summit (2009)
Click here to download a PDF version of Baltimore's Healthcare Community brochure.
Plan your trip!
- The Original Fell’s Point GhostWalk March 1, 2014 - November 29, 2014 | 7:00pm - 9:00pm
- The War Came By Train: American Civil War 150th Anniversary April 30, 2011 - December 31, 2015 | All Day
- CAA Men's Basketball Championship March 7, 2014 - March 10, 2014 | 7:00pm - 9:00pm
- In Full Glory Reflected: Maryland during the War of 1812 June 10, 2012 - December 31, 2014 | All Day
- Divided Voices: Maryland in the Civil War April 16, 2011 - December 31, 2015 | All Day