Leave Your Travel Destination
Better Than You Found It!
Take time during your next conference or business trip to have fun and give back through "voluntourism!"
What is voluntourism?
Voluntourism is a new travel trend catching on with convention attendees and business travelers world-wide. Through this unique activity, groups participate in team-building projects that enhance their travel experience while helping the local community. Voluntourism is a great alternative to rounds of golf, professional sporting events and other typical group outings. Business Volunteers Unlimited Maryland (BVU), Greater Baltimore's premier nonprofit organization specializing in volunteer events is here to help your group make a difference on your next trip to our area.
How does it work?
Step 1: Your group contracts* with BVU to plan projects for 10 to 100+ volunteers.
- Small groups can be accommodated with about 1 month notice.
- Groups larger than 30 require 6-8 weeks notice.
Step 2: Our staff work with your main contact to select a service project ranging from a few hours to a full day.
Step 3: BVU provides logistical planning and site support for your project, ensuring a memorable and meaningful experience for each volunteer.
*Applicable fees may apply
How Do I Get Started?
Contact us to start planning your voluntourism opportunity today!
What kinds of projects can my group choose to do?
Here are just a few of the many options for voluntour groups in and around Baltimore:
- Sort donated food, clothing and toys.
- Plant trees in parks, nature reserves, or neighborhoods.
- Prepare/deliver/serve food for meal programs.
- Plan and deliver a holiday party for children in a residential treatment center.
- Paint and beautify local senior centers or schools.
- Perform site maintenance for the home of a senior or disabled citizen.
- Support an animal rescue shelter by cleaning cages/caring for animals.
What are the benefits of voluntourism for my group?
In addition to having a fun memorable and meaningful experience, your participants will:
- Be inspired by their role in positive community development
- Benefit local community organizations and causes
- Build morale and group relationships
- Raise public awareness of your group's brand and commitment to social responsibility
- Experience the local culture in a personal and memorable way
Plan your trip!
- The Animated Orchestra March 8, 2014 | 11:00am - 11:00am
- The War Came By Train: American Civil War 150th Anniversary April 30, 2011 - December 31, 2015 | All Day
- Woman of Two Worlds: Elizabeth Patterson Bonaparte and Her Quest for an Imperial Legacy June 9, 2013 - June 9, 2014 | All Day
- The Original Fell’s Point GhostWalk March 1, 2014 - November 29, 2014 | 7:00pm - 9:00pm
- Civil War Trains Exhibit August 16, 2012 - December 31, 2015 | All Day