The Baltimore Certified Tourism Ambassador Program
The objective of the Certified Tourism AmbassadorTM program is to increase tourism by inspiring front-line hospitality employees and volunteers to turn every visitor encounter into a positive experience.
Administered through the Tourism Ambassador InstituteTM, the CTA program is a certification program that mobilizes a destination's front-line employees to make every visitor experience special through enhanced customer service and a detailed knowledge of Baltimore's history, heritage, neighborhoods, museums, attractions and other visitor appeals.
If front-line employees, volunteers, city employees and others who come into immediate contact with visitors provide accurate information and quality service to convention attendees, visitors, business travelers, etc., they are more likely to have a positive experience. Visitors who have a positive experience are more likely to return at some point in the future. They will share their perceptions with their friends, because, as research shows, word of mouth is the most powerful marketing tool. Everyone benefits - the visitor, the hospitality industry, the local economy and the front-line ambassador.
Requirements to earn the CTA designation:
- Complete Pre-Reading and Pre-Class Exercises
- Active Participation in 4-hour Classroom Session
- Pass Exam
- Demonstrated Commitment to Annual Renewal of Certification
Upon completion of all program requirements, front line employees and volunteers are awarded the CTA designation and may use the initials CTA behind their names, i.e., John Smith, CTA.
For additional information on the CTA program please visit www.CTANetwork.com.
There are many benefits to becoming CTA certified.
- The CTA Program provides you with a meaningful credential (John Smith, CTA) that is visible to visitors, co-workers, friends and family.
- The program increases business which may lead to more tips or pay increases.
- The program builds skills you'll have for a lifetime.
- Participating in the program shows your commitment to the hospitality industry, which may lead to career advancement.
- Participation in the program provides you with opportunities to network with and learn from your peers across your city and region.
- The program helps you stay "in the know" with regular updates.
Already a member? Click here to register for Online Access.
Not a member? Click here to join Visit Baltimore.
- Breakfast with the Animals June 18, 2013 - December 31, 2013 | All Day
- Miracle on 34th Street November 30, 2013 - January 1, 2014 | All Day
- Woman of Two Worlds: Elizabeth Patterson Bonaparte and Her Quest for an Imperial Legacy June 9, 2013 - June 9, 2014 | All Day
- Egypt\'s Mysterious Book of the Faiyum October 27, 2013 - January 5, 2014 | 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Family Fun Night - 2nd Thursday of each Month! January 10, 2013 - December 12, 2013 | 4:00pm - 6:00pm