Enjoy a Taste of Baltimore
It should come as no surprise that a city generating so much buzz about its recent growth and downtown development also boasts some of the greatest chefs and cuisine to match. It's as if Baltimore has experienced a gastronomic renaissance. The locally grown culinary scene has sprouted a new crop of extraordinary restaurants for you to harvest.
Be sure to check the dates for Baltimore Restaurant Week, which takes place twice a year in the winter and the summer.
The Baltimore Culinary Scene
Baltimore has an emerging culinary scene and is quickly becoming a hot spot for foodies from around the nation. Local restaurants feature sophisticated and original menus. No longer is Baltimore thought of as only the home of the crab cake (although we do have the best!). The city's progressive compilation of cutting-edge eateries pedaling fresh, funky-fusion recipes like crispy Thai string beans, lobster mac and artisan beers has put Baltimore on the map as an up-and-coming culinary city not to be missed.
The most inviting part is, not only does Baltimore possess all the palate-pleasing tastes and nouveau fare of a Metropolitan locale, but it also offers the comfort and accessibility of a hometown. Baltimore's culinary synergy of sophistication and a laid-back attitude sets the scene for an unforgettable experience. Renowned chefs are venturing out from the Inner Harbor to set up shop in eclectic and quaint historic neighborhoods rich with culture and flair. Areas like Federal Hill, Canton, Fell's Point and Harbor East have experienced a surge of restaurant development, much to the delight of the locals and visitors.
But you don't have to take our word for it. Stop by www.visitmybaltimore.com and hear what locals and hometown heroes like Hall of Fame legend Cal Ripken, popular author Laura Lippman and nationally known pro skateboarder Bucky Lasek have to say about our fair city's fine cuisine.
Plan your trip!
- Divided Voices: Maryland in the Civil War April 16, 2011 - December 31, 2015 | All Day
- CAA Men's Basketball Championship March 7, 2014 - March 10, 2014 | 7:00pm - 9:00pm
- Fell’s Point Haunted PubWalk March 1, 2014 - November 29, 2014 | 7:00pm - 9:00pm
- Target America: Opening Eyes to the Damage Drugs Cause February 11, 2014 - September 1, 2014 | 10:00am - 5:00pm
- Woman of Two Worlds: Elizabeth Patterson Bonaparte and Her Quest for an Imperial Legacy June 9, 2013 - June 9, 2014 | All Day