In Honor of Black History Month and the bicentennial celebration of Frederick Douglass' birth, many of the city’s top cultural attractions will gather under one roof on February 17, 2018 for an afternoon of FREE interactive and family-friendly activities. Baltimore’s Legends & Legacies Jubilee invites everyone to embrace the city’s rich African American heritage and culture while encouraging inclusivity and community engagement.
The 2018 event will feature more than a dozen exhibitors offering interactive activities at the Frederick Douglass-Isaac Myers Maritime Park Museum. Confirmed participants include Baltimore’s Black Heritage Tours, Baltimore Museum of Art, Baltimore National Heritage Area, Frederick Douglass-Isaac Myers Maritime Park Museum, The Maryland Historical Society, The Maryland Zoo, The National Aquarium, The National Great Blacks In Wax Museum, Port Discovery Children's Museum, The Reginald F. Lewis Museum, Chesapeake Shakespeare Company, Friends of President Street Station, Historic Ships in Baltimore and MdFF/ The Stavros Niarchos foundation Parkway.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- 12:00pm - 4:00pm Interactive exhibits from 15 of Baltimore's most exciting museums and attractions
- 12:30pm - 1:00pm Opening Ceremony and Frederick Douglass Tribute w/ Mayor Catherine E. Pugh
- 1:00pm - 1:30pm Angelo and Marie's Fantastic Bubble Show
- 2:00pm - 2:30pm Our Voices singing competition w/ The Voice Finalist Davon Fleming
- 3:00pm - 3:30pm Empowering fun w/ Culture Queen