*THIS IS A FREE EVENT!*
MARC encourages everyone that wants to support pollinators to plant the right plants that will feed them throughout the changing seasons. This is one of the most important and tangible things people can do to support pollinators in our area. This workshop, Gardening for Pollinators, will cover many topics to help you get started on your pollinator garden or help you incorporate pollinator-friendly plants in any space! Topics to be discussed:
– What is Stewardship?
– What is a pollinator?
– The current status of bees and other pollinators.
– What do bees like and need?
– Attracting and Observing Pollinators
– Creating Beneficial Pollinator Habitat
– Preparing Soil
– Making Plant Choices for Limited Space
– Deer-Proof Planting
– Light exposure and why it’s important
– Secrets of Mulch
– Providing Water for pollinators
– Chemicals and The Lawn Industrial Complex
– Where is your honey coming from? Handouts will be provided. Please RSVP at the ticket link to secure your spot!- https://marylandagriculture.org/about/pollinator-workshop/