As part of a statewide relief program, the Maryland Department of Commerce is offering a max of $25,000 per hotel in grant funds to provide economic assistance to Baltimore City hotels impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Visit Baltimore has been designated to administer the funds on behalf of the city.
In order to qualify for funding, hotels must be owned by a Maryland franchisee. Baltimore City hotels interested in applying for grant funds should begin their application at the link below.
- Applicant must be primarily engaged in activities, in accordance with the North American Industrial Classification System would be included in:
- Code 721110 (Hotels, except Casino Hotels, and Motels) or
- Code 721191 (Bed-and-Breakfast Inns)
- If a part of a franchise with multiple locations of businesses, are owned by a Maryland franchisee
- Demonstrate a need for assistance
- Be a hotel operating within the city of Baltimore.
- Be subject to sales and use tax under ss 11-102 of the Tax-General Article of the Maryland Code generate to the tax codes 111 or 901.
- Be subject to the accommodations tax imposed by the city of Baltimore.
- Be in good standing with the state of Maryland.
- Normal operating costs such as rent, payroll, job training, taxes, debt service or similar costs.
- Purchase of PPE, sanitization services or other COVID-19 related costs.
- Prohibited costs include any of the following that are not directly related to COVID-19 prevention:
- Purchase of equipment and soft goods
- Infrastructure improvements
- Technology upgrades
Grant Awards Process:
- The Baltimore City Hotel Relief Grant funding is $25,000 per hotel, and the application window closes on June 27.
- The funds must be distributed June 30th.
- If you own more than one qualifying hotel you will be required to complete this application for each hotel; you will be able to copy your answers from your first application to subsequent applications.
Deadline: June 27, 2021 11:59PM EST
What hotels are eligible to apply?
- Hotels must be a Maryland franchisee, located within Baltimore City limits and be in good standing with the State of Maryland and City of Baltimore.
Are Bed and Breakfasts eligible?
- Yes, if the property has 5 or more sleeping rooms.
Where can hotels complete the grant application?
What is the deadline to complete the application?
- This is a rolling application process and per state guidelines, funds must be distributed by June 30. We ask that you submit all application materials by June 27.
What can the funds be used for?
- This direct relief can be used for payroll expenses, rent and utilities.
Why is Visit Baltimore handling the distribution?
- Per state guidelines, hotels must apply through their local jurisdiction and Baltimore City designated Visit Baltimore to manage and distribute these funds.
Who can I contact with questions?
- Please direct all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
If your hotel fits the criteria above, please begin your application at the link below. If you own more than one qualifying hotel you will be required to complete this application for each hotel; you will be able to copy your answers from your first application to subsequent applications.