Visit Baltimore operates a Housing Bureau with highly trained, in-house staff to work with you to effectively and efficiently reserve rooms for your attendees. We provide a range of services, audits and reports that provide a one-stop shop for all of your housing needs. The Visit Baltimore Housing Services Department handles more than 25 groups per year using Lanyon Passkey software to offer reservation services to any group utilizing two or more hotels with a minimum of 250 rooms on peak night. Several of our clients have continued to use our Housing Services for their events in other destinations as well.
Visit Baltimore’s Housing Services Include:
- The on-site Visit Baltimore team, with over 30 years of experience in delivering the highest level of customer service to groups large or small
- Outstanding long-term relationships, and continuous communication with local hotel partners
- Baltimore-based information specialists who will assist with attendee housing needs and coordination of visitor amenities like tickets to attractions and local events
- Lanyon Passkey software, which enables meeting professionals to have Internet access to real-time reservation numbers, attendee lists and hotel room night totals
- Assistance with yield management to help avoid attrition issues
- On average, we achieve 98 percent of client contracted room blocks
- Capability to accept deposits and cancellation fees
- Customized hotel confirmations to include links to transportation or discounts.
Charlyene Grimes, CTA
Senior Manager of Housing
Paula N. Eggleston, CTA
Frequently Asked Questions
How many people do you have working in your call center?
We have 4 Full-time Specialists, and 3 Housing Managers.
Are you available on-site, once our group is in Baltimore?
Upon request, we will provide a housing desk on your peak arrival days to assist with questions or last minute requests (for a nominal fee).
Are you able to capture registration data so our members do not have to re-key information twice?
We do have the availability, with RegLink, to interface with any internet based registration management system to create a seamless event registration and hotel reservation booking process. Free of Charge
The cutoff date has passed – can reservations still be made?
After your hotels contracted cut-off date, we have the ability to keep the housing process open based on availability until a few days prior to your event. Once your contracted blocks are sold out, we partner with AresTravel to offer available hotel rooms (throughout the city).
You Can Take Us With You!
Visit Baltimore’s excellent Housing Services team can even be contracted to work on your conference in another city. In the event that your conference is not always in Baltimore but you would like to utilize the services offered by Visit Baltimore, please contact us to work out the details!
What Meeting Professionals have to say about our Housing Team
"The Visit Baltimore Housing and Call Center team are a pleasure to work with. As a hotel partner they are a true extension of my on property sales team here at the Hotel Monaco Baltimore. Their experience and knowledge of the market generate results for their customers and for the Hotels they fill. The Housing team is a group of hard working Hospitality professionals who provide consistent customer service to each and every guest.”
– John Tiffey, Director of Sales, Hotel Monaco Baltimore
“Charlyene Grimes could not have been more helpful. She was pro-active, responded to inquiries and challenges quickly and efficiently, and was a valued member of our team. Visit Baltimore Housing is fortunate to have Charlyene on staff. “
– Kathy Molk, AOTA
“Ledora Cornish is wonderful and she always does a great job managing our room block. I would love to keep working with her.“
- Kelly Finney, Mid Atlantic Nursery Trade Show
“Visit Baltimore has been a valued industry partner for our group more than once, providing constant support and service throughout our planning process, as well during show execution. No request was too much to handle for them. Additionally, the housing service is among the best in the country with accurate information and proactive representatives. Baltimore service providers are focused on customer services to meet our needs. I would recommend Baltimore as a convention destination, and I look forward to working with Visit Baltimore soon.“
– Jeanne Elipani, ROC Exhibitions Project Manager and Conference Manager for Society of Women Engineers
"Tammy Davison was a dream to work with. We use the local housing bureau for each city that we travel to, and Tammy is by far the best I’ve worked with. She was always monitoring our blocks and helping me add on nights. She was a great resource with the hotels too. Our attendees were very pleased with the service they received from the bureau via phone and email. Someone was always there to assist and they really appreciate it. We would definitely use the Baltimore Housing Bureau when we return."
– Kathy Lovato, Sleep Societies