The “Convention Welcome Program,” developed exclusively for citywide conventions, showcases the city’s fabulous hospitality, welcoming your attendees to our community. The program includes:
- Welcome signs in the windows of downtown merchants, restaurants, attractions and participating hotels
- Welcome signs at locations throughout Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport
- Over-the-street welcome banners at a key location
- A citywide convention resume, distributed to the hospitality industry so everyone is aware of your group
- Citywide hotel pre-convention meetings, available upon request
When visitors come to Baltimore and ask for directions to an attraction or a recommendation for a restaurant, they need accurate information from a friendly, helpful hospitality worker or city employee. That is why the Certified Tourism Ambassador™ program aims to increase tourism by inspiring front-line hospitality employees and volunteers to stay “in the know” and enhance the visitor experience. Administered through the Tourism Ambassador Institute™, Visit Baltimore’s CTA program offers a certificate to front-line employees who are mobilized to enhance customer service and offer a detailed knowledge of Baltimore’s history, heritage, neighborhoods, museums, attractions and other visitor appeals.