Visit Baltimore is a 501(c)(6) nonprofit that generates economic benefits for the region by marketing Baltimore as an enriching destination for leisure visitors and an ideal location for meetings and conventions. We also advocate for the local tourism community and work collaboratively with them to provide positive experiences for all guests. We also work to develop the next generation of hospitality leaders through the Visit Baltimore Education and Training Foundation.
What We Do
Visit Baltimore is the official destination marketing organization (DMO) for Baltimore. In this role, we:
- Inspire people to visit our great destination and to experience the products and services offered by our stakeholders.
- Generate economic benefits for the greater Baltimore region through the power of collaboration and partnership.
- Serve as the liaison between partners, customer and stakeholders.
- Provide stakeholders with the necessary tools and information to make their products and services competitive in the marketplace.
- Approach all of our work through the lens of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI).
Who We Serve
- Members of the tourism industry such as hotels, restaurants and attractions.
- Customers such as meeting planners, tour operators, individual tourists and media.
- Stakeholders including government, citizens and partner organizations. Partner organizations represented include lodging, dining, arts, attractions, shopping, transportation, associations and government agencies.
Visit Baltimore Leadership Team
President & CEO
Craig D. Vay
Chief Financial Officer
Chief Marketing Officer
Vice President of Sales & Customer Experience
Directors of the Baltimore Convention & Tourism Board
Charles G. "Chuck" Tildon, III
Firkremariam Boghossian, PhD
P. David Bramble
Vanessa A. Finney
Terri L. Freeman
Senator Antonio Hayes
J. Howard Henderson
Justin A. WIlliams
Ex Officio Members
Johnny Olszewski, Jr.
Steuart Pittman, Jr.
Board of Directors Meeting Dates
Meetings of the Board of Directors of the Baltimore Convention & Tourism Board:
March 15, 2023
June 14, 2023
November 15, 2023
Unless otherwise noted, all board meetings are on Wednesdays from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
If you need additional information, please contact Deborah Ivory, Board Administrator, at [email protected].
Board meetings may occasionally be closed if and as permitted in accordance with the Maryland Open Meetings Act.
At Visit Baltimore, we know that when people explore our neighborhoods, eat at an outstanding restaurant, stay at a world-class hotel, or get a taste of our booming arts scene, they see our city in a new light. This enthusiasm for Baltimore translates into small business sales, tax revenue, job creation, positive media attention and even a strong real estate market.
Here are just a few examples of the impact travel and tourism has had on Baltimore recently:
- In 2021, domestic travel to Baltimore increased by 13.3%, bringing in 24.3 million people for overnight and day trips.
- Visitors brought in a total of $2.7 billion to Baltimore’s economy in 2021.
- Events at the Baltimore Convention Center brought in an estimated total of $90 million in economic impact in 2021.
- Through the work of the Visit Baltimore Education and Training Foundation, our industry is training the next generation of hospitality workers. Since 2015, our nonprofit 501c (3) foundation has awarded more than $40,000 in scholarships to support higher education and professional development.
For examples of the positive press Visit Baltimore has earned, please visit our Baltimore Spotlight page.
Advocacy & Community Engagement
Learn more about what Visit Baltimore is doing for the community and the value of tourism.