The Visit Baltimore Education & Training Foundation was founded to promote and support Baltimore City and the local tourism community.
The Visit Baltimore Education and Training Foundation is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to developing Baltimore’s workforce and strengthening its tourism community.
We do this by:
- Investing in the next generation of hospitality leaders: We offer academic scholarships to area college students. Since 2015, we have awarded more than $40,000 to support higher education.
- Providing grants for professional development: Our $2,000 professional development awards enable working professionals to begin or advance their education. More than 300 underrepresented residents have gained skills through this program since 2015.
- Funding initiatives that increase accessibility: The diversity grant program invests in nonprofits who require marketing and communications support for events, festivals, interpretive tours and other similar happenings in the city of Baltimore.
- Offering apprenticeships: This 600-hour, paid apprenticeship program provides a student from an underrepresented community the opportunity to gain valuable skills by working within the tourism community. This program is currently on hold due to funding limitations.
- Promoting careers in tourism: Through our presence at job fairs, public outreach and other hiring events, we help connect job-seekers with opportunities in the hospitality, retail and transportation sectors.
Board of Directors
The Visit Baltimore Education & Training Foundation is governed by a Board of Directors, providing oversight of its scholarship programs and fundraising efforts as well as input for its strategic direction.
Jerry Edwards, CPCE
President and Corporate Chef, Chef’s Expressions
President & CEO, Visit Baltimore
Group Vice President and Business Banking Marketing Manager, M&T Bank
Executive Leadership Coach, Shawan Leadership
Regional Vice President, Centerplate at the Baltimore Convention Center
Co-Owner, The Land of Kush
Executive Director, Baltimore Convention Center
Director of Community Growth, Thread
Vice President for Strategic Partnerships & Advancement, Baltimore City Community College
Vice President of Development, Baltimore Symphony Orchestra
Director, Annie E. Casey Foundation