Limited Part Time Position-As Needed Basis
Convention Registrar is a limited position that supports and services conventions and business meetings held in the Baltimore Convention Center or Baltimore area hotels on an as needed basis. This position performs various job duties including registration, database operation, information concierge, show office, room monitoring, cashiering, and more. The registrars are the “front-line” team that provides outstanding customer service and professional work in an effort to maximize a convention attendee’s positive experience in the Baltimore area.
- Candidate should have 1-3 years customer service experience;
- Ability to type accurately and at an appropriate speed;
- Must be reliable and on time;
- Must have flexible schedule, as Registrars need to be available all days of scheduled conventions and meetings in order to be considered for available work;
- Must be able to follow directions and work professionally and cooperatively in a team environment;
- Must be able to manage multiple responsibilities;
- Must be able to adapt to change as position assignments may change throughout the day as directed by the meeting planner;
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills;
- Previous cash handling experience preferred.
Interested candidates should forward their cover letter and resume to: [email protected]. Visit Baltimore is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls please.
Chief Marketing Officer
The Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) will provide the expertise, leadership and vision necessary to oversee all marketing efforts for the organization. Works with members of the Board of Directors, city officials, Maryland State Department of Business and Economic Development (DBED) – Office of Tourism Development, other statewide and national industry organizations, and members of Visit Baltimore to develop and uphold Baltimore’s tourism brand and develop marketing strategies and obtain input and feedback on programs to promote Baltimore as a destination for conventions and meetings and leisure visitors. The CMO works closely with the President and CEO and other members of the Executive team relative to organization-wide issues, culture and operations.
The CMO reports directly to the President and CEO and serves as a member of the Senior Leadership team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop overall strategies for domestic and international marketing initiatives targeting leisure visitors, meeting professionals and travel trade and meeting attendees that align with the objectives and goals of the organization;
Develop brand strategies and guidelines for implementation;
Oversee all marketing and communications efforts, including advertising, public relations, social media, digital and video assets, direct mail, Visit Baltimore publications, and other materials targeting leisure travelers, meeting professionals, tour operators, and niche audiences;
Collaborate with the research team, as it relates to Leisure Marketing, to identify key visitor trends, measure tourism performance, and conduct ad-hoc market research that align with current or future leisure marketing strategies;
Maintain relationships with industry partners, inside and outside of Baltimore; communicating to key influencers both in and out of the hospitality industry about tourism programs and research;
Hold memberships in key industry organizations, such as US Travel, the Maryland Association of Destination Marketing Organizations and Destinations International;
Serve as the liaison to the Board’s Marketing and Communications Committee and the Cultural Tourism Advisory Committee;
Submit reports as requested by the President and CEO or Board of Directors;
Serve on external boards and committees and serve as spokesperson when needed;
Represent the President and CEO at meetings and events as requested;
Provide departmental and organizational leadership through the training, managing and evaluating of assigned personnel;
Forecast, implement and monitor the marketing team’s operating budget.
Assist with special projects and other duties as required.
- MBA (preferred) in marketing, communications or related field and 10+ years’ experience in a senior level marketing role, preferably in a tourism-related industry;
- Ability to successfully work with government agencies, Board of Directors, vendors and other external stakeholders in meeting organizational objectives;
- Proven background in developing and executing marketing plans that include both offline channels (brand development, PR, TV, radio, print, etc.) and online channels (SEM, SEO, mobile, social media, content, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and manage teams, and foster a positive, success-oriented environment within the organization;
- Proficiency in market research and data analysis processes;
- Experience in tracking, reporting, and analyzing web analytics and PPC campaigns;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, and public speaking skills;
- Proficient in MS Office and business software (e.g. CRM)
- Ability to seamlessly adapt to changing business needs and tourism industry trends.
Interested candidates should forward their cover letter, resume and salary requirements to https://visitbaltimore.bamboohr.com/jobs. Visit Baltimore is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Digital Content Intern - Fall
To start end of August or early September
Visit Baltimore is looking for a qualified intern to join our marketing team this summer starting in June 2018. Our intern will assist the Director of Web Marketing, Content & Publications Manager and the Multimedia Marketing Manager.
Upon completion of the internship at Visit Baltimore, each student will leave with valuable “real world” experience in a fast-paced setting, written pieces for their portfolios, and a variety of professional skills and accomplishments to add to their resumes in the areas of marketing, tourism and multimedia content development.
- Research, write and edit monthly and weekly event roundups for publication on our website Baltimore.org
- Contribute to the research, writing and editing of other online articles for Baltimore.org
- Assist with website uploads and editing using basic HTML coding
- Assist with basic website updates and maintenance and sourcing photos
- Assist with equipment preparation and set-up for off-site video shoots
- Brainstorm new ideas for digital content
- Share feedback on new content creation
- We are looking for juniors or seniors interested in a career in digital marketing, tourism, multimedia journalism or web development.
- We ask our intern to commit to 10-15 hours or 2-3 days per week.
- Our intern should be able to work quickly and efficiently on a deadline and must have strong writing and editing skills.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop
- Experience with HTML coding, digital video creation and MS Office Suite a plus.
To apply for this internship, please email a resume and writing sample to Deanna Martino at [email protected].
About Visit Baltimore
Visit Baltimore is the official sales and marketing organization for Baltimore that generates economic benefits for stakeholders through the attraction of convention, group and leisure visitors. For more information, please visit www.baltimore.org.