Digital Content Intern - Spring
Visit Baltimore is looking for a qualified intern to join our marketing team this Spring. Our intern will assist the Director of Web Marketing, Content & Publications Manager and the Web Marketing Manager.
Upon completion of the internship at Visit Baltimore, each student will leave with valuable “real world” experience in a fast-paced setting, written pieces for their portfolios, and a variety of professional skills and accomplishments to add to their resumes in the areas of marketing, tourism and multimedia content development.
- Research, write and edit monthly and weekly event roundups for publication on our website Baltimore.org
- Contribute to the research, writing and editing of digital and print content for Visit Baltimore
- Assist with website uploads and editing using basic HTML coding
- Assist with basic website updates and maintenance and sourcing photos
- Assist with preparation and set-up for off-site video and photography shoots
- Brainstorm new ideas for digital content
- Share feedback on new content creation
- We are looking for juniors or seniors interested in a career in digital marketing, tourism, multimedia journalism or web development.
- We ask our intern to commit to 10-15 hours or 2-3 days per week.
- Our intern should be able to work quickly and efficiently on a deadline and must have strong writing and editing skills.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop
- Experience with HTML coding, digital video creation and MS Office Suite a plus.
To apply for this internship, please email a resume and writing sample to Deanna Martino at [email protected].
Public Relations Intern –
Fall 2020 to Spring 2021
Visit Baltimore is seeking a highly motivated college student to join our communications team as a public relations intern starting in the fall 2020 semester. Visit Baltimore’s PR internship program will introduce students to the art of public relations and communications, with a special focus on the tourism and hospitality industry.
Upon completion of the internship at Visit Baltimore, students will leave with valuable real-world experience in a fast-paced setting, as well as content for their portfolios and a variety of professional skills to add to a resume.
- Assist PR Manager with coordination of media opportunities and media monitoring
- Support PR Coordinator with creation and delivery of media welcome bags
- Maintain and make monthly updates to the media clips log and keep information current in CRM database
- Assist with writing, proofreading and distributing press materials
- Complete special research projects as assigned by PR Manager
- Join the Communications team for brainstorming sessions and special events
- We are seeking college juniors or seniors interested in a career in communications, public relations, marketing, or tourism.
- We ask interns to commit to 10-15 hours or 2-3 days per week.
- Intern should be able to work quickly and efficiently on deadline and must have strong writing and editing skills.
- Intern should have working knowledge of the AP Stylebook.
To apply for this internship, please email a resume and writing sample to Jessie Walker at [email protected].