Limited Part Time Position-As Needed Basis
Convention Registrar is a limited position that supports and services conventions and business meetings held in the Baltimore Convention Center or Baltimore area hotels on an as needed basis. This position performs various job duties including registration, database operation, information concierge, show office, room monitoring, cashiering, and more. The registrars are the “front-line” team that provides outstanding customer service and professional work in an effort to maximize a convention attendee’s positive experience in the Baltimore area.
- Candidate should have 1-3 years customer service experience;
- Ability to type accurately and at an appropriate speed;
- Must be reliable and on time;
- Must have flexible schedule, as Registrars need to be available all days of scheduled conventions and meetings in order to be considered for available work;
- Must be able to follow directions and work professionally and cooperatively in a team environment;
- Must be able to manage multiple responsibilities;
- Must be able to adapt to change as position assignments may change throughout the day as directed by the meeting planner;
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills;
- Previous cash handling experience preferred.
Interested candidates should forward their cover letter and resume to: [email protected]. Visit Baltimore is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls please.
Digital Content Intern - Fall
To start end of August or early September
Visit Baltimore is looking for a qualified intern to join our marketing team this fall starting in September 2018. Our intern will assist the Director of Web Marketing, Content & Publications Manager and the Multimedia Marketing Manager.
Upon completion of the internship at Visit Baltimore, each student will leave with valuable “real world” experience in a fast-paced setting, written pieces for their portfolios, and a variety of professional skills and accomplishments to add to their resumes in the areas of marketing, tourism and multimedia content development.
- Research, write and edit monthly and weekly event roundups for publication on our website Baltimore.org
- Contribute to the research, writing and editing of other online articles for Baltimore.org
- Assist with website uploads and editing using basic HTML coding
- Assist with basic website updates and maintenance and sourcing photos
- Assist with equipment preparation and set-up for off-site video shoots
- Brainstorm new ideas for digital content
- Share feedback on new content creation
- We are looking for juniors or seniors interested in a career in digital marketing, tourism, multimedia journalism or web development.
- We ask our intern to commit to 10-15 hours or 2-3 days per week.
- Our intern should be able to work quickly and efficiently on a deadline and must have strong writing and editing skills.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop
- Experience with HTML coding, digital video creation and MS Office Suite a plus.
To apply for this internship, please email a resume and writing sample to Deanna Martino at [email protected].
About Visit Baltimore
Visit Baltimore is the official sales and marketing organization for Baltimore that generates economic benefits for stakeholders through the attraction of convention, group and leisure visitors. For more information, please visit www.baltimore.org.