Content and Publications Manager
Responsible for developing content for a wide variety of uses, ranging from advertising to publications, website and e-communications. The Content and Publications Manager also manages several publications in conjunction with an outside publishing company, including copywriting as needed, editing and proof-reading all editorial and member listings, and coordinates delivery of images. Works individually and with the Vice President of Marketing and the Marketing and Communications team to meet organizational objectives and goals and ensure consistency of messaging across all platforms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Content Development and Management
- Develops content development plan in concert with Marketing and Communications leadership;
- Provides information and participates in weekly Creative and Content Development meetings;
- Writes copy for Visit Baltimore’s website, publications and other projects including, but not limited to, the Official Guide, the Meeting and Event Planning Guide, website, advertorials, brochures, rack cards, e-newsletters and other collateral materials;
- Writes scripts for internally produced video or audio projects;
- Manages outside resources, such as freelance writers;
- Provides input into photo and video shoots to align with content development;
- Works with the Marketing Manager to review the website content and updates;
- Provides information, copy-editing, proofreading and imagery for event-oriented advertising and promotions, and other advertising and collateral materials as required; solicits and compiles information for the Master Calendar of Events and provides to the Marketing and Communications teams and maintains the Master and Annual Events Calendars;
- Writes and edits, as directed, marketing and sales communications to ensure a consistent messaging and tone and to meet the organization’s brand standards;
- Develops and maintains organization-wide style guide(s).
- Manages the process for publications, including, but not limited to, the Official Guide, Meeting and Event Planning Guide and others as assigned.
- Works with the Marketing and Communications teams on publications to determine content and images, with Membership on listings and other content, and with outside publishing company and internal team on design, printing and distribution of publications;
- Monitors production calendar and ensures delivery of publications as scheduled;
- Edits and proof-reads all content for publications and collateral materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism or related field with 3-7 years of experience in publications, content development, editing, or equivalent combination of experience, education and training;
- Knowledge of hospitality/tourism industry preferred;
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and Content Management Systems (CMS) required. Knowledge of HTML 5 programming and Adobe CS is a plus;
- Strong writing and editing skills within a broad range of publications (website, brochures, newsletters, video, audio projects, etc.)
- Ability to interface and maintain successful working relationships with staff and vendors;
- Must be highly motivated and detail oriented with a proven track record of working independently;
- Efficient with time and able to successfully manage multiple projects within deadlines;
- Positive attitude, dependability and professionalism are a must.
Interested candidates should forward their cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Visit Baltimore is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Limited Part Time Position-As Needed Basis
Convention Registrar is a limited position that supports and services conventions and business meetings held in the Baltimore Convention Center or Baltimore area hotels on an as needed basis. This position performs various job duties including registration, database operation, information concierge, show office, room monitoring, cashiering, and more. The registrars are the “front-line” team that provides outstanding customer service and professional work in an effort to maximize a convention attendee’s positive experience in the Baltimore area.
- Candidate should have 1-3 years customer service experience;
- Ability to type accurately and at an appropriate speed;
- Must be reliable and on time;
- Must have flexible schedule, as Registrars need to be available all days of scheduled conventions and meetings in order to be considered for available work;
- Must be able to follow directions and work professionally and cooperatively in a team environment;
- Must be able to manage multiple responsibilities;
- Must be able to adapt to change as position assignments may change throughout the day as directed by the meeting planner;
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills;
- Previous cash handling experience preferred.
Interested candidates should forward their cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit Baltimore is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls please.