Volunteer Opportunities at the Baltimore Visitor Center
Visit Baltimore is seeking volunteers for the Baltimore Visitor Center located at the beautiful Inner Harbor! Volunteers promote Visit Baltimore members and the city of Baltimore to leisure travelers, conventioneers and groups, as well as area residents. Volunteers are the front-line ambassadors, and are often the first person that a visitor meets when coming to Baltimore. Volunteers promote the sale of tickets to area attractions, and work with paid staff to complete the sale. Volunteers use printed and computer and internet information in their role at the Visitor Center.
Perks, Benefits and Recognition:
- Have fun meeting other people from around the U.S. and the world!
- Build friendships with other volunteers
- Free parking is available at a designated location. Visit Baltimore reimburses for MTA transportation.
- Visit Baltimore recognizes volunteers at an event on an annual basis
- Volunteers are eligible for service rewards based upon performance and participation
- This position is open to all individuals who wish to assist in promoting Baltimore as a tourist destination. Volunteers who speak foreign languages would also be helpful.
- Volunteers are asked to commit to work at least 1 four-hour shift per week in the Visitor’s Center during peak season from April through September, or work at least 100 hours during the calendar year. Shifts typically begin at 8:45am, 10:45am and 1:45pm.
- Our greatest need is on weekends!!
If interested, please contact 410-659-7319 to receive an application.
Limited Part Time Position-As Needed Basis
Convention Registrar is a limited position that supports and services conventions and business meetings held in the Baltimore Convention Center or Baltimore area hotels on an as needed basis. This position performs various job duties including registration, database operation, information concierge, show office, room monitoring, cashiering, and more. The registrars are the “front-line” team that provides outstanding customer service and professional work in an effort to maximize a convention attendee’s positive experience in the Baltimore area.
- Candidate should have 1-3 years customer service experience;
- Ability to type accurately and at an appropriate speed;
- Must be reliable and on time;
- Must have flexible schedule, as Registrars need to be available all days of scheduled conventions and meetings in order to be considered for available work;
- Must be able to follow directions and work professionally and cooperatively in a team environment;
- Must be able to manage multiple responsibilities;
- Must be able to adapt to change as position assignments may change throughout the day as directed by the meeting planner;
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills;
- Previous cash handling experience preferred.
Interested candidates should forward their cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit Baltimore is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls please.