Database Report Writer
The Database Report Writer is responsible for developing custom reports based on the Customer Relationship Management (CRM Database) for use by internal and external stakeholders. The position will also oversee the Tentative-Definite sales booking process; ensuring accuracy of all convention sales activities. Other duties as assigned by the Manager of Information Systems & Technology.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops custom reports based on CRM for use by internal and external stakeholders;
- Maintains accurate data and performs root cause analysis to fix any discrepancies;
- Makes sure data is clean by ensuring all information is complete and up to date. Advises departments on functionality of databases. Implements and documents procedural changes as necessary;
- Works closely with department Vice Presidents and Directors for ad-hoc needs.
- Attends internal scheduled convention sales, convention services, marketing and communications/PR weekly and/or monthly meetings and provides database analysis and reporting as requested;
- Complies with Company policies and procedures and enforces those policies and procedures with members of the department; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 3-5 years’ experience;
- Proven track record in data conversion with significant experience in relational database management and structured query language;
- Microsoft SQL programming experience with certifications preferred;
- Experience in CRM Report Writing and Data Mining;
- Familiarity with Relational Database Design and Development Methodologies;
- Requires advanced knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications and specific familiarity with database report writing software such as F9, Access, SQL Report Writer, Crystal Reports and advanced excel skills such as pivot tables, charts and graphs.
- Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced office environment with the ability to receive instructions, prioritize and follow through on multiple assignments;
- Must have good communication, interpersonal and presentations skills;
- Knowledge of hospitality/tourism industry preferred.
Interested candidates should forward their cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Visit Baltimore is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Limited Part Time Position-As Needed Basis
Convention Registrar is a limited position that supports and services conventions and business meetings held in the Baltimore Convention Center or Baltimore area hotels on an as needed basis. This position performs various job duties including registration, database operation, information concierge, show office, room monitoring, cashiering, and more. The registrars are the “front-line” team that provides outstanding customer service and professional work in an effort to maximize a convention attendee’s positive experience in the Baltimore area.
- Candidate should have 1-3 years customer service experience;
- Ability to type accurately and at an appropriate speed;
- Must be reliable and on time;
- Must have flexible schedule, as Registrars need to be available all days of scheduled conventions and meetings in order to be considered for available work;
- Must be able to follow directions and work professionally and cooperatively in a team environment;
- Must be able to manage multiple responsibilities;
- Must be able to adapt to change as position assignments may change throughout the day as directed by the meeting planner;
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills;
- Previous cash handling experience preferred.
Interested candidates should forward their cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Visit Baltimore is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls please.