Limited Part Time Position-As Needed Basis
Convention Registrar is a limited position that supports and services conventions and business meetings held in the Baltimore Convention Center or Baltimore area hotels on an as needed basis. This position performs various job duties including registration, database operation, information concierge, show office, room monitoring, cashiering, and more. The registrars are the “front-line” team that provides outstanding customer service and professional work in an effort to maximize a convention attendee’s positive experience in the Baltimore area.
- Candidate should have 1-3 years customer service experience;
- Ability to type accurately and at an appropriate speed;
- Must be reliable and on time;
- Must have flexible schedule, as Registrars need to be available all days of scheduled conventions and meetings in order to be considered for available work;
- Must be able to follow directions and work professionally and cooperatively in a team environment;
- Must be able to manage multiple responsibilities;
- Must be able to adapt to change as position assignments may change throughout the day as directed by the meeting planner;
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills;
- Previous cash handling experience preferred.
Interested candidates should forward their cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit Baltimore is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls please.
Convention Services Coordinator
The Convention Services Coordinator assists with all day-to-day operations of the Convention Services department. Reports to and provides administrative support to the Convention Services Managers, Associate Director of Convention Services and Director of Sales & Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists Director of Sales & Services with all aspects of special project management. Responsible for setting-up and maintaining each project database, as necessary.
- Receives and responds to telephone and walk-in inquiries for Convention Services related materials by offering and providing pre-convention and on-site literature, as well as providing other services as needed;
- Send leads for and manage as necessary details for Service leads 9 rooms or less on peak;
- Provides all service aspects for all in-house business opportunities assigned;
- Prepares invoice requests and invoices clients for literature and any other needs. Sends appropriate written correspondence as necessary with invoice;
- Coordinates all welcome program signage by working with multiple partners, such as marketing team, BWI, and members to ensure proper signage is displayed for the appropriate groups;
- Coordinates gifts with service managers for site inspections and at convention time. Oversees wrapping, prepares note cards and arranges for delivery;
- Maintains a supply of Convention Services packets, Meeting & Event Planning Guides, and any other forms, brochures, etc., that are regularly used;
- Assists with creating marketing materials such as maps, discount coupons, factsheets, timelines and other in house material;
- On a regular basis, prepares requested literature.
- Assists with the preparation of site inspections by confirming appointments; finalizes and distributes schedules as necessary. May attend site inspections if needed;
- Assists manager for promotional trips: reserving booth, shipping booth and promotional info. If needed, may attend promotional trip;
- Researches topics for, and updates resource files as requested by clients or staff members;
- Assists with maintaining graphic requests and supplies by fulfilling client requests;
- Assists managers with preparation of meetings: creating PowerPoint presentations, setup of meeting rooms, preparing agenda, etc.;
- Utilizes, and updates department databases such as Simpleview and MINT; sends leads to hotel community through Simpleview and handles all service requests.
- Works with Research team to ensure all actualized numbers and attendance are entered into Simpleview;
- Assists in soliciting restaurant and attraction participation for citywide convention’s “Show Your Badge Program”; keeps track of all discount programs for convention welcome program; sends out welcome signs to members on a quarterly basis;
- Maintains a good working relationship with partnering hotels to request actualized room nights, as well as requesting any other needs from hotel community and Convention Center and all Visit Baltimore Members;
- Attends monthly community meetings such as the Safety Coalition Meeting and Waterfront Partnership meetings;
- Prepares Citywide Convention Resumes and Customer profiles as needed;
- Assists with customer event projects as needed;
- Complies with Company policies and procedures;
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Sales & Services and Convention Services Managers.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalency and 2-3 years’ experience in a professional office environment which includes typing/database maintenance work, heavy phone/customer service contact, light bookkeeping, professional correspondence and other clerical duties;
- Must have superior customer service and interpersonal skills;
- Applicants must have a high attention to detail and the ability to receive instructions, prioritize and follow through on multiple assignments;
- Excellent organization skills with ability to create logical and effective filing and tracking systems;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Simpleview CRM experience is a plus.
- Positive attitude, dependability and professionalism are a must.
Interested candidates should forward their cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Visit Baltimore is an Equal Opportunity Employer.