Limited Part Time Position-As Needed Basis
Convention Registrar is a limited position that supports and services conventions and business meetings held in the Baltimore Convention Center or Baltimore area hotels on an as needed basis. This position performs various job duties including registration, database operation, information concierge, show office, room monitoring, cashiering, and more. The registrars are the “front-line” team that provides outstanding customer service and professional work in an effort to maximize a convention attendee’s positive experience in the Baltimore area.
- Candidate should have 1-3 years customer service experience;
- Ability to type accurately and at an appropriate speed;
- Must be reliable and on time;
- Must have flexible schedule, as Registrars need to be available all days of scheduled conventions and meetings in order to be considered for available work;
- Must be able to follow directions and work professionally and cooperatively in a team environment;
- Must be able to manage multiple responsibilities;
- Must be able to adapt to change as position assignments may change throughout the day as directed by the meeting planner;
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills;
- Previous cash handling experience preferred.
Interested candidates should forward their cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit Baltimore is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls please.
Senior National Sales Manager
As a member of the Sales team, the Senior National Sales Manager will assist in the procurement of booking meetings and convention business for the City of Baltimore. Work individually to cultivate new business and with the Visit Baltimore team to optimize existing accounts and correlating business. The incumbent will be responsible and accountable for meeting and/or exceeding annual sales room night goals, core work criteria as well as sales initiatives as defined in the action plans and the annual sales and marketing plan. Initiate and maintain relationships with counterpart sales staff of all member hotel properties and the Baltimore Convention Center, and keep updated on city information, which may enhance and educate potential client’s decision to book their business in Baltimore. Direct all regional sales activity focused on assigned market within designated region; focus sales efforts on generating new meetings and convention center related business opportunities for Baltimore and managing all aspects of the sales process including closing business. Work collaboratively with the Regional Director of Sales and the Director of National Sales & Services. Act as primary point of contact for relevant market segment sales activities including tradeshows and direct sales initiatives. May lead and review the work of less experienced staff by providing mentoring, technical guidance and/or training in daily activities as the acknowledge expert on the market and customer issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle solicitation of all assigned sales accounts within geographic territory, and new business development accounts. All core sales functions including solicitation of new business, distributing sales leads and closing business for hotels and/ or convention center related business and act as a liaison between member properties and the client.
- Solicitation of groups within room nights of 151-1200 rooms on peak in the Maryland, Washington DC, and Virginia areas. Groups may encompass multiple hotel properties and space with in the Baltimore Convention Center as well as one hotel business opportunity.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding room night goal and team lead goal.
- Develop action plans which are target specific, thorough, and quantifiable. Contribute to the marketing plan and budgeting process as it relates to convention sales.
- Conduct (20 to 25) in person sales calls on a monthly basis as well as all other core work criteria as outlined in Visit Baltimore Annual Performance plan and Annual Action Plans.
- Responsible for attending industry trade shows, both local and out of town, and representing Baltimore in any community functions and networking opportunities pertaining to convention marketing/sales or Visit Baltimore membership programs.
- Conduct and manage all client requested site inspections, FAM Trips and direct sales initiatives.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the hospitality industry within the city of Baltimore. Maintain accurate account information in computer system and in client files.
- Make a contribution as a member of the sales team to further the goals of the entire department.
- Must be familiar with the meetings industry and be experienced with using assessments, rate negotiations, special deals, rebates, and other negotiating tools.
- Comply with Company policies and procedures and ensure that the policies and procedures are followed by members of the sales team efforts; enforce those policies and procedures with members of the Convention Sales & Services department.
- Any other duties as assigned by Director of National Sales and Services.
Basic Qualifications: This position is based in Baltimore, MD. Local candidates only encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Marketing or related field and 5+ years’ experience in the hospitality industry with specific background in tradeshow market place, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Hotel or CVB experience preferred;
- Experience with the formal bid process, proven sales skills as they relate to sourcing new business, qualifying customers, lead development and follow-up, sales presentations and networking skills;
- Must have superior customer service skills with the ability to communicate at all levels;
- Must be highly motivated, detail oriented and capable of handling multiple tasks at any one time as well as a proven track record of working independently;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products;
- Strong organizational and presentation skills;
- Candidate must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation able to carry a minimum of three clients.
- Willingness to work irregular hours and travel out of town to trade shows and meetings required.
Interested candidates should forward their cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Visit Baltimore is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls please.