Business Analysis Coordinator
This position is responsible for the preparation of space availability in the Baltimore Convention Center for bid presentation(s) and input of definite citywide convention center meeting, tradeshow or events space requirements as well as actualized room night’s data. This person will also develop, collect, input, maintain and analyze DMO market information relating to Convention Sales, Tourism Sales and Leisure Marketing; working closely with all departments in a research and data entry capacity; as well as utilize expertise in business intelligence, data analytics, and data warehousing, and understanding of the organization’s systems and capabilities to ensure the most efficient use of resources. The position reports directly to the Manager of Information Systems and Technology.
The Business Analysis Coordinator will develop, collect, input and maintain data so that statistical and content analysis can be generated to support Visit Baltimore’s mission. This person will become a subject matter expert on our data, processes and business methodologies. The Coordinator will engage in an ongoing dialogue with Visit Baltimore Convention Sales/Services staff, Baltimore Convention Center and area Hotel Revenue Manager(s) in order to obtain, develop, and implement new initiatives to further the analytic missions of Visit Baltimore. They will need to understand the business users’ requirements for information, features, and functions and communicate them to the rest of the Visit Baltimore team. This person will also meet with a broad range of internal users and capture their department data warehousing requirements, as well as play a key part in the testing and data validation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the preparation of Baltimore Convention Center space availability for bid presentation(s) and input of definite citywide convention center meeting, tradeshow or events space requirements.
- Responsible for the collection and input of actualized citywide and in house room night’s data.
- Design, develop and manage ongoing data collecting programs to provide accurate and timely assessment of Visit Baltimore performance and work with department heads for additional internal and external report-outs.
- Implement and manage performance data in order to increase public and internal understanding of key leisure and meetings market trends, issues, opportunities and challenges; provide written reports and make recommendations on data collection outcomes to staff and management.
- Oversight of Surveys/Research of all Visit Baltimore departments—including visitor surveys, client surveys, partner surveys, external industry event surveys—working with department directors/vice presidents to set benchmarks for goals.
- Complete special projects and other functions, as required by the President/CEO, Chief Operating Officer and/or Executive Vice President of Convention Sales and Services.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with 1-3 years experience working with numbers, data entry and/or business analysis or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Attention to detail, organization, analytical and problem solving skills are a must;
- Must have good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to organize, coordinate and direct users and teams;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications;
- Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced office environment with the ability to prioritize and follow through on multiple assignments.
Interested candidates should forward their cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Visit Baltimore is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Limited Part Time Position-As Needed Basis
Convention Registrar is a limited position that supports and services conventions and business meetings held in the Baltimore Convention Center or Baltimore area hotels on an as needed basis. This position performs various job duties including registration, database operation, information concierge, show office, room monitoring, cashiering, and more. The registrars are the “front-line” team that provides outstanding customer service and professional work in an effort to maximize a convention attendee’s positive experience in the Baltimore area.
- Candidate should have 1-3 years customer service experience;
- Ability to type accurately and at an appropriate speed;
- Must be reliable and on time;
- Must have flexible schedule, as Registrars need to be available all days of scheduled conventions and meetings in order to be considered for available work;
- Must be able to follow directions and work professionally and cooperatively in a team environment;
- Must be able to manage multiple responsibilities;
- Must be able to adapt to change as position assignments may change throughout the day as directed by the meeting planner;
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills;
- Previous cash handling experience preferred.
Interested candidates should forward their cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit Baltimore is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls please.