Meeting Planner Resources
Visit Baltimore is dedicated to emerging from the unprecedented challenges of COVID-19 as a unified and inspiring meetings and conventions destination, united to revive visitation and positively impact the industry and the many dedicated people who make up our hospitality community.
Maryland Reopening Timeline
Local leaders continue to reiterate that there are no dates associated with the Roadmap to Recovery timeline, they continue to make decisions based on real-time data.
- Phase I – Lift the stay-at-home order and reopen certain retail businesses as well as recreation centers and parks; allow elective outpatient surgeries and procedures. These decisions would be based on the ability to limit contact and maintain some levels of social distancing.
- Phase II – Reopen more local businesses; allow teleworking employees to return to worksites; permit smaller indoor religious activities; raise the limits on the number of people allowed in social gatherings; open up select public transit routes; permit restaurants and bars to open, but with significant safety restrictions.
- Phase III – Reopen entertainment venues, permit smaller meetings and conventions to resume; loosen tight restrictions at hospitals and nursing homes.
Rebuilding Our Industry Offer
During a time when most business is happening from home, we’ve been connecting virtually with our Baltimore hospitality partners to support each other, our community and our clients. We are actively working with healthcare experts and industry leaders to establish sanitation protocols before reopening. As we begin to consider the future and work together, we hope our Rebuild Our Industry offer of a 10% rebate will be of some assistance. In the meantime, we send you well wishes from Baltimore and when the time is right, we’d love to meet you.
- Receive a ten percent (10%) rebate based upon total master bill spend that will be applied to the master account.
- Hotels are committed to partnering with you to establish flexible performance clauses including no attrition on events held by December 31, 2021.
- To be eligible, submit an RFP with a minimum of 25 rooms on peak.
- Contract must be signed by December 1, 2020 and the event must be held by December 31, 2021, with the hotel(s) and the customer to govern the terms of the event or meeting.
- Offer applies only upon request by or offer to customer for eligible group meetings or events at participating properties for new business meetings or events booked.
- All bookings are subject to the hotel’s standard terms and conditions.
- The above offer is subject to availability and certain other restrictions may apply.
Baltimore Convention Center (BCC)
GBAC STAR Accreditation For Health and Safety Measures
Baltimore is working with the ISSA (International Sanitary Supply Association) on a GBAC STAR accreditation. This is a performance-based accreditation program that helps facilities establish a comprehensive system for cleaning, disinfection and infectious disease prevention.
Virtual Site Tours
Visit Baltimore is partnering with local film company, Early Light Media, to support our clients and hotel community during this time of recovery. We are in the process of creating a virtual site tour so you can continue your planning process while social distancing measures are in place. The tours will feature detailed footage of hotel lobbies, meetings spaces, and guest rooms as well as on-the-street shots from around the Baltimore convention campus.
Deals For Essential Healthcare Workers
Thank you to the essential healthcare employees working throughout this crisis to keep our community safe. As a gesture of appreciation for your continued service, several Baltimore-area hotels are offering special rates and packages to first responders, medical workers, and other frontline healthcare employees.