It can be difficult navigating unknown territory, and when you’re visiting a new city you want to be able to enjoy the sights – not worry about how to get to them. That’s one of the reasons Baltimore introduced the Charm City Circulator - a fleet of free bus shuttles that travel four routes throughout the city. Hop on board to find out more about this popular transport service.
Regularly servicing residents, downtown employees and students, tourists and city visitors are welcome to hop on and off the Charm City Circulator – absolutely free of charge! If you arrive to Baltimore via train, bus or car, the Charm City Circulator can be used as your connector from various train stations, bus and commuter lots. The shuttle also offers a convenient, reliable and eco-friendly form of public transportation to many popular attractions within the city, like the American Visionary Art Museum and Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine.
Charm City Circulator Routes and Timetables
The Charm City Circulator consists of four separate routes that link critical parts of the city:
- The Purple Route, which runs from Penn Station to Federal Hill
- The Orange Route, which runs from Hollins Market to Harbor East
- The Green Route, which runs from City Hall to Fell's Point to Johns Hopkins
- The Banner Route, which connects the Inner Harbor and Fort McHenry
- The Harbor Connector, which connects Harbor View and Harbor East
This clean, green fleet of shuttles is composed of 21 DesignLine 2009 EcoSaver IV LF Hybrid Electric vehicles - the first fleet of this type in a major metropolitan area.
A shuttle arrives every 10 minutes at the designated stops on each route. Visit the Charm City Circulator website for schedules, maps and additional details.
Charm City Circulator: Service at a Glance
- Service is free!
- Four Routes
- Runs every 10 minutes, seven days a week
- Connects to less expensive parking outside of the downtown area
- Connects to Amtrak, MARC, Light Rail and Metro Subway
- Integrated with a new Water Taxi Harbor Connector