- From You cannot park at the facility unless you make a reservation 24 hours prior to parking. Please call 410-710-5425 for any emergencies Monday – Friday 8:30 – 5:30 p.m. “A member of our staff will call you the next following business day with a code to open the gate on your date of arrival. If you are purchasing on a Friday, please call 410-710-5425 BEFORE purchasing.
Parking "Blackout" Dates
The facility is closed to the public on the following dates in 2017 due to large events:
- April 28-30, 2017
- May 5-7, 2017
- November 17 - 19, 2017
- November 24 - 26, 2017
During these times, please arrange for parking at alternate locations such as Camden Yards Fan Services by calling 410-685-9800 ext. 6600 or by parking at the Baltimore Travel Plaza located at Exit 57 North of the Fort McHenry Tunnel on I-95. For Travel Plaza information, please call 410-633-4611.
It doesn't get easier than this!
Unload your passengers at one of the three locations listed below under “Inner Harbor Loading and Unloading Zones” and then journey less than 2 miles from any location in the Inner Harbor. Geo-coordinates are Latitude 39.283683, Longtitude: 76.633976 for those wishing to add the location to third party apps. Driver amenities include:
- Lighted, locked and secure lot with 61 spaces for motorcoaches and school buses.
- In/out privileges included with parking
- Free transportation via the Charm City Circulator for driver from facility to various location in Baltimore. “During normal operating hours of the Charm City Circulator (click to see information on web site)
Parking is available year-round
- Please make an appointment by pre-purchasing a ticket online at: http://baltimore.org/busparking “A member of the Parking Authority of Baltimore City Staff will contact you the next business day with a code to open the gate. If you are purchasing on a Friday, or parking on Sunday or Monday please call 410-710-5425 below BEFORE purchasing.
To pre-purchase parking for your motorcoach, click here. Qualify for $25 discounted 24-hour/overnight parking by contacting Visit Baltimore before booking your hotel! We'll not only find the best rates at the most group-friendly hotels, we’ll have welcome packets waiting for your groups when they check-in. For more information call 877-BALTIMORE and choose option 4.
- $25 for 12 hours
- $35 for 24 hours/overnight ($25 with discount through Visit Baltimore)
- If you are arriving outside of the hours mentioned above, please call 410-710-5425 for after-hours operational procedures.
- CREDIT/DEBIT CARD ONLY FOR PAYMENT – NO CASH IS ACCEPTED AT THE FACILITY.
Inner Harbor Loading and Unloading Zones
“There is way-finding signage from all of the drop off zones above directly to the parking facility, follow “Tour Bus Parking” signs for the optimal route”
All motorcoaches and buses are encouraged to use the Official Motorcoach Parking Facility, as parked and/or idling vehicles will be ticketed. This includes overflow from Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine—there is no parking or idling on Fort Avenue or in any other part of the city unless you are loading or discharging passengers.
- Area One (West)
Baltimore Visitor Center, 401 Light Street
Ten-minute loading and unloading is allowed in the bus staging lane of the parking lot at the Baltimore Visitor Center (enter lot at Light Street and Lee Street) at the Inner Harbor's West Shore on the northbound side.
- Area Two (North/East)
National Aquarium, 501 E. Pratt Street
The National Aquarium bus turnaround area is sanctioned for loading and unloading only. Staging is prohibited.
- Area Three (South)
Maryland Science Center, Key Highway/601 Light Street
Motorcoaches and buses may drop off in the bus lane off of Key Highway at the rear entrance of the Science Center. Please call the Maryland Science Center at 410-685-2370 for more information before arrival.
Parking & Idling Fines
Every city has them and Baltimore is no different; please follow the parking and idling instructions above. We just want you to know what to expect if your motorcoach or school bus is illegally parked or found idling for longer than five minutes without passengers on board:
- Parking a commercial vehicle in a residential area (pretty much everywhere in Baltimore) has a fine rated at $502
- Vehicles can incur a fine of $500 in Maryland after five minutes of idling with an unloaded bus
- Parking for an hour in our parking facility is only $5. Parking a passenger car in Baltimore is actually more expensive. We built this fantastic facility to make your drivers comfortable and to let them and you know how much we appreciate your business.
- For more information about parking fines, click here.
- For more information about idling regulations, click here.