Accessible & Affordable Location
Conveniently located in the heart of the Mid-Atlantic travel corridor, Baltimore is easy to get to and even easier to navigate. One-third of the East Coast’s population can drive here using I-95, while Amtrak’s Penn Station and Baltimore-Washington International Airport are great options for those traveling from farther away (and both are no more than a 15-minute drive from the downtown Baltimore Convention Center).
Getting Here & Getting Around
Once here, there are ample public transportation options available to take you around the city. Whether you choose to take the Water Taxi, free Charm City Circulator, ride share services, bus or subway, you’re always only minutes away from world-class attractions, restaurants and event venues. Many of our top attractions share a downtown footprint, making it easy for your clients and attendees to travel back-and-forth from their hotel to their business meetings and convention events. In fact, the Baltimore Convention Center’s campus is within walking distance of 34 hotels!
We benefit from our proximity to New York City, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C. while providing a more budget-friendly and accessible destination experience (on average, the cost of living in Baltimore is 46% lower than in New York City). As a densely populated city, you’re sure to find affordable, delicious food and creative adventures around every corner. There are plenty of things to do in Charm City for under $20—or free. This means attendees and clients can rest easy knowing their business trip won’t break the bank.
- 38 miles from Washington, D.C.
- 100 miles from Philadelphia
- 191 miles from New York
- 15-minute drive from BWI airport to the Baltimore Convention Center
- Immediate access to I-95 and I-70, the major highways heading north, south and west
- Serviced by Amtrak’s Northeast rail schedule, with a historic station just minutes from downtown.
Baltimore Convention Center
Located in the heart of our central business district just steps from the Inner Harbor, the Baltimore Convention Center offers the right mix of exhibit space, meeting rooms, advanced technology and convenience to meet your needs.
- Contiguous exhibit space: 300,000 square feet
- Meeting space: 85,000 square feet (50 rooms)
- Multifunctional ballroom space: 36,672 square feet
The Baltimore Arena is the city’s largest indoor sports and entertainment facility and can be used as a companion space to the Baltimore Convention Center just blocks away. The arena, formerly known as Royal Farms Arena, is currently undergoing a $200 million renovation that will include modernized, state-of-the-art acoustics, superior suites and exclusive club levels, premium contemporary seating, reimagined concourses, upscale culinary experiences in food and beverage selections and more. The renovation is expected to be finished in spring 2023 so these details are subject to change, but here’s an overview of the space:
- Main floor space: 20,000 square feet
- Additional meeting rooms: 5103 square feet (seven rooms)
- Building Capacity: 14,000+
- Mini Theater capacity: 5,000 – 7,000
- On-site parking: 850-car garage (attached to the facility)
Baltimore’s Convention Campus is walkable with 34 hotels and 9,000 hotel rooms (5,500 committable), representing all of the major brands as well as only-in-Baltimore boutique properties. It’s easy for your attendees to walk to unforgettable museums, renowned performing arts and world-class restaurants no matter where they stay.
- 4,400 rooms (3,700 committable) within three blocks of the convention center
- 2,300 rooms (2,000 committable) within one block of the convention center