Posted on November 9, 2016
Produced for Capital Region USA by Travel Market Insights, the 2015 Overseas Visitor Report includes details on the economic impact of international tourism, an overview of international visitation to the United States in 2015 and details of overseas visitation to the Capital Region.
Here are some of the 2015 CRUSA Overseas Visitor Report highlights:
• A record 2.6 million overseas visitors traveled to the Capital Region.
• Overseas visitors spent nearly $2 billion in direct spending.
• They stayed an average of nine nights in the region.
• They stayed an average 5.8 nights in a hotel.
• Market share held steady: 6.8% of all overseas visitors to the United States visited the Capital Region.