Motor Coach Parking Information
Baltimore loves buses! In order to make your visit the best that it can be, please read below and follow the instructions for very easy, low-cost parking at our new parking facility.
Inner Harbor drop/off locations are currently in a GREEN traffic alert status, please see Inner Harbor Loading and Unloading Zones below for clarification.New Motorcoach Parking Facility NOW OPEN year round!
It doesn't get easier than this! Your drivers can pull into the Unloading/Loading lane at the Baltimore Visitor Center, drop off your passengers and drive less than 2 miles away to our brand new Motor Coach Parking Facility and enjoy the following:
- Driver lounge with internet access, food vending, cable television and spotless bathroom.
- Driver Lounge open from 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. 7 days a week from March 1 - December 1 annually (Parking facility is OPEN in the off season; December 1 - March 1, 2013) by reservation only. Call 410-385-5848
- Lighted, locked and secure lot with 61 spaces for motor coaches and school buses
- Pump out and water replenishment serviceson site
- In/out privileges for 12 hour and overnight parking.
- Complimentary admission to the B&O Railroad Museum for all drivers
- Parking Charges are $5 per hour, $25 for 12 hours and $35 for 24 hours. To find out more or to inquire about reservations, please call 410-385-5848.
NO CASH ACCEPTED AT FACILITY, CREDIT AND DEBIT CARDS ONLY!
Qualify for discounted $25.00 overnight parking by contacting Visit Baltimore first! We'll find the best rates at the most group-friendly hotels and email you the proposals for you to look over with no commitment whatsoever. Call 877-BALTIMORE and choose Option "4".
Inner Harbor Loading and Unloading Zones
(Note: All motor coaches and buses are encouraged to use the Motor Coach Parking Facility as parked and/or idling vehicles will be ticketed). This includes overflow from Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine. There is no parking or idling on Fort Avenue or in any other part of the City unless you are loading or discharging passengers.
Area One (West)
Baltimore Visitor Center/ 401 Light Street
10 minute loading and unloading is allowed in the bus staging lane of the parking lot at the Baltimore Visitor Center (enter lot at Light Street and Lee Street) on the Inner Harbor West Shore on the northbound side. For information on our Motor Coach Welcome Program contact our group tour department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Area Two (North/East)
National Aquarium/501 East Pratt Street
The National Aquarium bus turnaround area at is sanctioned for loading and unloading only. No staging.
Area Three (South)
Maryland Science Center/Key Highway/601 Light Street Motor coaches and buses may drop off in the bus lane off of Key Highway at the rear entrance of the Science Center. Please call the Maryland Science Center at 410-685-2370 for more information before arrival.
Motor Coach Welcome Program
Take advantage of our free Motor Coach Welcome Program. We will hop on board and welcome your group with visitor guides and a short talk about what is happening that day, Q&A and more! Afterwards, browse the racks for brochures and book tours and more with one of our destination specialists. Seven Day advance reservation required, sign up by clicking HERE
PARKING & IDLING FINES
Every City has them and Baltimore is no different. Please follow the parking and idling instructions above and you will have no worries in the City of Baltimore. We just wanted you to know what to expect if your motor coach or school bus is illegally parked or found idling for longer than five minutes without passengers on board:
Parking a commercial vehicle in a residential area (pretty much everywhere in Baltimore) has a fine rated at $502 USD, ouch!
Vehicles found idling can incur a fine of $500.00 in Maryland after five minutes of idling with an unloaded bus.
Parking for an hour in our parking facility is only $5.00 and you'll have no worries! Parking a passenger car in Baltimore is actually more expensive. We built this fantastic facility to make your drivers comfortable and to let them and you know how much we appreciate motor coach and school bus business.
For more information on parking fines, click HERE
For more information on idling regulations, click HERE
Plan your trip!
- On Paper: Works from the Cohen Collection February 13, 2013 - August 25, 2013 | All Day
- Global Poster Festival April 27, 2013 - June 15, 2013 | All Day
- Civil War Trains Exhibit August 16, 2012 - December 31, 2015 | All Day
- Family Fun Night - 2nd Thursday of each Month! January 10, 2013 - December 12, 2013 | 4:00pm - 6:00pm
- Harriet Tubman Art Exhibition March 3, 2013 - June 23, 2013 | All Day